At last night’s committee meeting it was decided:
- Winter Social at the Corners, Kingsland – Feb 21st. Price £16 for the hot buffet. Awards to individuals, but no quiz this year. Maybe a quiz night later.
- Club championship races for 2020 (some of the later races haven’t yet confirmed dates). Run 6 out of 10 to count. Presteigne X-C – 02/02, Cardingmill Canter Fell Race – 08/03, Hereford 5k – 01/04, Leinthall Starkes 5m – 14/04, Offa’s Dyke 15m – 13/06 (?), Gord’s 6m multi-terrain – 21/06 (?), Mark and Sue’s uphill time trial (Mortimer Forest) – August, Clun Carnival Canter 5m multi-terrain – 07/08 (?), Newent 9 9.5k road – 19/09 (?), Elan Valley 10m road – 07/11 (?)
- The Croft Woods handicap races will be moved to Bircher Common, because of all the new gates on the old course. Mark and Sue will plot a course.
- Handicap races at Leinthall Starkes on: 14/04, 12/05, 16/06; on Bircher: 14/07, 11/08, 01/09.
- The AGM (Kingsland Memorial Hall) will be on Friday March 13th, 7.30pm. Subs (seniors – £30, juniors (under 21) – £20, second claim – £15) will then fall due (payable to Sue D, Bryan or Emma M): we have raised the level because UKA take an increasing proportion and with increased numbers in the club we have needed to train more coaches, but hope now to keep them stable at this rate for several years. Having stocked up with kit, our finances are temporarily very low.