At last night’s meeting the following were discussed:
- A Boxing Day run, 11am start. Hopefully at Croft Castle, permission pending. Friends and family invited for this non-competitive run round the traditional 2 mile course over Croft Ambrey. Also a longer run for those so inclined.
- Thursday evening training on Dec 23rd will be led by Kelly at Shobdon with post training mulled wine and mince pies at Huws after. Liza and Stuart have invited the club members for a group run around Bircher Common starting and finishing at their house with refreshments after.
- The winter social will be on a Friday, possibly Feb 25th, depending on availability of venues.
- Plans are in progress to celebrate the club’s 40th anniversary during the week beginning June 11th., with as many as are able entering the (hilly, 15 mile) Offa’s Dyke race.
- Richards Castle time trial will be, as advertised, on Dec 19th, 11am start, over a new slightly shorter course, avoiding the worst of the hills. Theresa is organising another at Kinsham (Jan 16th).
- We have a healthy bank balance, though the cost of affiliation to the new Herefordshire and Border League has not yet been established.
- We hope to again stage the Shobdon Wood race, in May 2022, the final date depending on avoidance of other local fixtures.